Peonies or roses? Lilacs or Lilies of the Valley? Perhaps, tulips or dandelions? There are so many blossoms to choose from when it comes to creating the wedding of your dreams. Florists have always been a fixture on weddings that most couple easily took them for granted. Sometimes, they leave everything to their wedding planner to evade the overwhelming hassles that usually comes with wedding preparations. For a wise bride, however, collaborating with a reliable florist will help deliver the romance you want on your wedding day. Before you delve on elaborate flower arrangements, here are some important tips to jump-start your search provided by Bend Oregon Florist Madison
Questions to Ask Your Wedding Florist
No matter what choice of aromatic or exotic blooms you have, it is important to ask the following questions to a florist. These questions will help determine your budget, the arrangements, persons in-charge, and other quirkiness that will ensure excellent floral arrangements to add drama on your wedding day.
1. How will the flowers be set up? Will you be doing the whole setting-up ordeal or will my wedding planner do it for you? If you will set up, can you possibly do it according to my specifications?
2. Will you be responsible for the clean-up after the wedding?
3. Who will do quality control on the wedding flowers? Do you have a standby crew on-site should a need arise?
4. How many wedding flower arrangements do you typically have? Do you have a limit on the number of weddings to attend to?
5. Do you provide a sample for our agreed floral design? Do you have a plan B should flowers are unavailable?
6. Will you be “on-call” on my wedding day?
7. How do you transport the flowers? Do you have specific delivery time? Are you equipped with climate-controlled vehicles?
8. Does the contract include everything? Do you charge overtime, gratuities, and taxes?
9. How about payment arrangement? Do you accept downpayment with the balance due at least a week before the wedding?
10. Do you have any advise on what flowers would work best for my wedding day?
Qualities to Look For in a Florist
Now that you have these questions in mind, the quest of finding a florist to answer your lifelong dream of a Cinderella-like wedding day comes next. Your choice of wedding florist should not only stop at bringing your imagination into life but must also meet other criteria. When choosing, it is important to think of the following qualities in a florist:
*Attention to details
*Profound Knowledge on flowers
*Extensive selection of blooms and designs
*Highly recommended with positive feedback from clients
You can browse various wedding blogs on the net or checkout local florists in your area. If you have friends or relatives who are recently hitched then, the more effective it will be to gather information and feedback on a particular wedding florist. Take note that word-of-mouth recommendations still come handy especially on special occasions like weddings.
Things to Bring During Consultation
After deciding on a wedding florist, it is imperative to sit down with him or her to cap pertinent details on your wedding. Bring pictures from magazines or books as inspiration. If there is a movie wedding scene you wish to emulate, mention this clearly with your florist. Bring swatches of your color motif as well as details on your wedding theme, approximate number of guests and tables, and location of the event must come handy. Of course, bring your other half with you when consulting with a florist to ensure that both your choices are reflected on actual results.